- I give you my witness that Jesus is the Christ, that He guides the affairs of this sacred work, and that general conference is one of the very important times He gives direction to His Church and to us personally.
He speaks about the need for us to trust the Lord and have faith that the messages that have been shared are what the Lord wants us to hear for the next six months.
- In the commotion and confusion of our modern world, trusting and believing in the words of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve is vital to our spiritual growth and endurance.
When we study the messages of conference, we can be assured that the Spirit will give us a customized lesson about what we personally need to take from each talk.
- I promise you that as you prepare your spirit and come with the anticipation that you will hear the voice of the Lord, thoughts and feelings will come into your mind that are customized especially for you. You have already felt them in this conference, or you will as you study the messages in the weeks ahead.
The Lord has helped those that prepare talks to know what messages they should give and what the will of the Lord is about what they should speak about. We can have faith in this process.
- The teachings of general conference are the considerations the Lord would have before us now and in the months ahead.
When we listen to the teachings of the spirit and read the words of conference, we can seek help in improving and changing our lives. We can make necessary changes in our lives to be better disciples of Christ.
- Often His voice directs us to change something in our lives. He invites us to repent. He invites us to follow Him.
Finally, Elder Andesen tells us that we have many things that we can learn and grow from in the pages of conference. He encourages us to listen, read, and focus on the feelings and teachings that the spirit will provide to each of us.
- There is a treasure chest of heavenly direction awaiting your discovery in the messages of general conference. The test for each of us is how we respond to what we hear, what we read, and what we feel.
These are great words of encouragement as we start our personal learning over the coming months of this last General Conference. I am grateful for the preparation that is put into each talk and the I am grateful for the spirit making customized lessons for me to take away from each talk. What a blessing it is to have prophets and apostles that are seeking the Lord's help in the messages that they are to give to each of us. As I continue my study of the conference messages, I encourage you to find what messages the spirit is seeking to teach you from each talk.