- Even in the most difficult and darkest of times, there is light and goodness all around us.
Elder Bragg tells us we were both with light as part of who we are. Seeking for light is part of who we are eternally.
- We are children of God. Receiving light, continuing in God, and receiving more light are what we are created to do. From the very beginning, we followed the light; we followed our Heavenly Father and His plan. Seeking the light is in our spiritual DNA.
Elder Bragg suggests three areas were we will always find light:
The Light of the Church
- The Church is a beacon of light to a darkening world. This is a wonderful time to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! The Church is stronger than it has ever been8 and quite literally grows stronger each day as new members join us, new congregations are formed, new missionaries are called, and new territories are opened to the gospel.
- The Church will always have its critics. It has been that way from the beginning and will continue to the end. But we cannot allow such criticism to dull our sensitivity to the light that is available to us. Recognizing the light and seeking after it will qualify us for even more light.
The Light of the Gospel
- The light of the gospel is the path that “shineth more and more unto the perfect day,” and it shines brightest in our families and in temples throughout the world.
The Light of Christ
- You cannot speak of the light in the world without speaking of the Light of the World, Jesus Christ. A manifestation of a loving Heavenly Father is that everyone who comes to this life is blessed with the Light of Christ to help them return home. President Boyd K. Packer taught: “The Spirit of Christ is always there. … The Light of Christ is as universal as sunlight itself. Wherever there is human life, there is the Spirit of Christ.” The Light of Christ “inviteth and enticeth to do good continually” and prepares all who seek goodness and truth to receive the Holy Ghost.
Elder Bragg concludes with his testimony that following the principles of the gospel will lead us to more and more light.
- I testify of Christ. He is the Light of the World. May we be strengthened by the light that is available to us through greater participation at church and greater application of gospel principles in our families. May we see the Light of Christ in others constantly and help them see it in themselves. As we receive that light, we will be blessed with more light, even until the perfect day when we again see “the Father of lights,” our Heavenly Father.
The light of the church, of the gospel, and of Christ will all lead us to the perfect example of light, our Heavenly Father. We discussed in church several weeks ago if our testimonies were like a "light switch" the "sunrise" or the "third watch." The Savior talks about putting our light on a candlestick. Light is the perfect example of faith and fills us with hope for a brighter future. Look for things that bring your soul light and hope and focus on those during the dark moments in your life. Just hold on, the light will come. It always will come.