- The Book of Mormon teaches, contrary to most Christian beliefs, that the Fall of Adam was a positive step forward. It reveals the covenants made at baptism, which are not addressed in the Bible.
- God’s fingerprints are all over the Book of Mormon, as evidenced by its majestic doctrinal truths, particularly its masterful sermons on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
He speaks about the Book of Mormon inspiring millions to come unto Christ and to change their lives to live a more Christlike life.
- It was revelation, not brilliance, that was the source of this book.
- This book has inspired millions to reject Satan and to live more Christlike lives.
He shares a personal story of a friend who wanted evidence of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. He eventually learned that the truthfulness comes through the spirit and is given to each of us if we will pray about its truthfulness.
- One of my good and bright friends left the Church for a time. He recently wrote to me of his return: “Initially, I wanted the Book of Mormon to be proven to me historically, geographically, linguistically, and culturally. But when I changed my focus to what it teaches about the gospel of Jesus Christ and His saving mission, I began to gain a testimony of its truthfulness. One day while reading the Book of Mormon in my room, I paused, knelt down, and gave a heartfelt prayer and felt resoundingly that Heavenly Father whispered to my spirit that the Church and the Book of Mormon were definitely true. My three-and-a-half-year period of reinvestigating the Church led me back wholeheartedly and convincingly to its truthfulness.”
Brother Callister shares his testimony of the Book of Mormon to conclude his talk.
- The Book of Mormon is one of God’s priceless gifts to us. It is both sword and shield—it sends the word of God into battle to fight for the hearts of the just and serves as an arch defender of the truth. As Saints, we have not only the privilege to defend the Book of Mormon but also the opportunity to take the offense—to preach with power its divine doctrine and bear testimony of its crowning witness of Jesus Christ.
- The Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God. It is God’s compelling witness of the divinity of Jesus Christ, the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith, and the absolute truth of this Church.
Critics can claim the Book of Mormon is not true, but they can't answer how it miraculously came about. The only explanation for its existence is that it was translated by the gift and power of God. Brother Callister gives us many reasons why the book could not have been a work of Joseph Smith. But more importantly, the Book of Mormon could not have the ability to bring us to Christ if it were not a gift from God. I have come closer to my Savior by reading the Book of Mormon. I have become a better disciple of Jesus Christ by living its teachings. But most important, I have taken the challenge of Moroni and got on my knees and asked God if it were true. That answer from heaven above is what matters. Mankind can't create a divine answer to a sincere prayer.