- All of us are in the middle of an eternal family. Our role can be a turning point at which significant changes can occur in positive or negative ways.
He talks about the lessons his dad taught him about always looking to the Savior when challenges come into his life.
- Look up to Jesus Christ—the wise advice of my father—strengthens my faith whenever I face challenges in life. He taught me how to apply the teachings of Christ, as in these words: “Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.”
We need to look at our challenges through spiritual eyes and look at our blessings with an eternal perspective.
- Dear brothers and sisters, it is not easy for us to recognize the love of Heavenly Father when we look around with our temporal eyes, because we see inconvenience, loss, burdens, or loneliness first. On the other hand, we can see the blessings beyond when we look up.
Elder Choi has assisted in completing his family history going back 32 generations. He assures us we have a powerful connection with heaven when we do the work of the Lord.
- To all those who embark in any service of God, know that you are a solid connection for powerful blessings to those before you and to generations after you.
- It is never too late to look up to Jesus Christ. His arms are always open to you. There are generations before us and after us depending on us to follow Christ so that we can be an eternal family of God.
He concludes by pointing out some real challenges that many of us face. But assures us that looking to the Savior will make these challenges easier to handle in our lives.
- It’s not always easy to look up when your parents are opposed to the gospel, when you are a member of a small Church unit, when your spouse is not a member, when you are still single although you did your best to marry, when a child has strayed, when you find yourself a single parent, when you are physically or emotionally challenged, when you are a victim in a disaster, and so on. Hold on to your faith in those hard times. Look up to Christ for strength, balance, and healing. Through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, “all things shall work together for [your] good.”
This is a powerful message of hope in our lives. Looking to the Savior is necessary for us to find real happiness and lasting happiness in our lives. My favorite primary song is "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and this talk encourages me to be like Him and to live my life to be worthy of the blessings that He can give me.