KNOW HIM THROUGH PRAYER
- When you pray with faith, you will feel God’s love as His Spirit speaks to your soul. No matter how alone or uncertain you may feel at times, you are not alone in this world. God knows you, personally. As you pray, you will come to know Him.
KNOW HIM THROUGH SCRIPTURE STUDY
- As you study the scriptures, you not only learn about the Savior, but you can actually come to know the Savior.
- Scripture study becomes the channel for the Spirit to give each of us a customized tutorial. As you study the scriptures each day, alone, and with your family, you will learn to recognize the voice of the Spirit and will come to know God.
KNOW HIM BY DOING HIS WILL
- As we seek to do God’s will by faithfully serving Him and our fellowmen, we feel His approval and truly come to know Him.
KNOW HIM BY BECOMING LIKE HIM
- As we strive to become like God, He can make of us more than we could ever make of ourselves.
KNOW HIM BY FOLLOWING MENTORS
- The ultimate role model and mentor, available to all of us, is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
In summary, Elder Grow teaches us how to come to know the Savior in our every day practices. He concludes with an invitation to come unto Christ.
- God knows you and invites you to know Him. Pray to the Father, study the scriptures, seek to do God’s will, strive to become like the Savior, and follow righteous mentors. As you do, you will come to know God and Jesus Christ, and you will inherit eternal life.
I have come to know in my life that as I do the basic things, I will become more like the Savior. My mind and my heart become more and more in line with the Savior and my actions are in line with the teachings of the Savior. If I want to be more like the Savior, I need to place my actions in line with the teachings of the Savior. I have tested this in my life and I know it to be true. I invite all of you to place your lives in tune with the Savior and you will become more and more like Him.