- I have learned firsthand that the wounds of those who suffer spiritually can be healed when you and I put forth the extra personal effort required to reach out to them.
He shares his testimony of the Savior and His power to heal us.
- Jesus Christ has the power to heal all manner of illness, whether spiritual or physical.
He tells us that the Savior can touch peoples lives by using us.
- Can the Master touch others’ lives through you and me? Oh yes, he can, and he will if we will just do our part.
After several examples of people that have been touched by servants of the Lord, he shares with us how we can feel the Savior's touch and be part of the people that provide the Savior's touch.
- We can feel the Savior’s touch, and we can help others feel that divine touch. We can bless each other by reaching out to the wayward youth, the inactive adult, the widowed, the aged, the sick, and to all of God’s children everywhere, member and nonmember of the Church alike.
- We somehow need to realize the vital importance of feeling the blessings of the gospel and the peace of the Lord in our lives individually. That is much more significant than how well the mechanics of a program may be working in our wards and stakes. Oh, that every parent, teacher, and Church leader would know that we can bless each other when we administer the Savior’s touch to the benefit of our fellowmen.
He concludes by encouraging us to help touch the lives of someone through our service on behalf of the Savior.
- Let us make the choice never to let a day pass without striving to touch the life of someone through our service! Then we can cherish and appreciate more the Savior’s beautiful admonition: “Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
Several of the stories that Elder Ballard shared are similar to things that are going on with people that I know. I received some guidance while I read this talk about the need to focus on one individual specifically. I need to reach out to him this week and let him know how much the Savior loves him and his family. I would encourage you to seek the spirit's guidance on who you can help touch and bring some of the Savior's love to their life.