FAMILY HOME EVENING
- There will always be opposition to holding family home evening. Regardless, I invite you to find a way around the obstacles and make family home evening a priority—and make fun a key ingredient.
- It seems there is no better time to communicate love to our children than when praying with them or blessing them. When families gather in humble prayer, powerful and lasting lessons are taught.
- I think it wise to ask ourselves occasionally, “What will I teach, or what am I teaching, my children by my acts and attitudes of obedience?”
TEACH BY EXAMPLE
- As parents cherish each other and offer righteous examples, children are eternally blessed.
There are multiple areas where we can all improve in leading our families towards righteousness. Brother Durrant tells us that when we recognize that we have areas to improve upon, we should humbly respond to those promptings of the spirit and act on those promptings.
- For all of you who are striving to do your best to teach in your homes, may you find peace and joy in your efforts. And if you feel you have room for improvement or need greater preparation, please humbly respond as the Spirit prompts you and bind yourself to act.
As a father who has just sent his second child off into the world, it has caused me to reflect on the other two children I have at home and what am I doing to make sure they are prepared for their moments to entire the adult world. I have many regrets of things I should done better for my kids but I recognize that just because they leave the house and move on with their lives, doesn't mean I stop being a parent. I can still help them make wise decisions and lead them and guide them in staying close to the gospel. I still have obligations to my two younger children to raise them in righteousness and recognize that that obligation will never cease.