- We all know that human judgment and logical thinking will not be enough to get answers to the questions that matter most in life. We need revelation from God.
Revelation is real. It is granted by a loving Father who wants what is best for His children. Revelation comes in many ways.
- President Boyd K. Packer described that identifying mark of the true Church this way: “Revelation continues in the Church: the prophet receiving it for the Church; the president for his stake, his mission, or his quorum; the bishop for his ward; the father for his family; the individual for himself.”
He speaks about examples of revelation he has seen in his life. From the Teton Dam breaking when he was President of Ricks College to conferring the sealing power on a man a long way away from Salt Lake City, these examples have shown him that a Prophet of God is on the earth and leads God's people in the right direction. He encourages us to love and pray for the prophet who is God's spokesman on the earth today.
- Don’t take lightly the feeling you get of love for the prophet of God. Wherever I go in the Church, whoever the prophet is at the time, members will ask, “When you get back to Church headquarters, will you please tell the prophet how much we love him?” That is far more than hero worship or the feelings we sometimes have of admiring heroic figures. It is a gift from God. With it you will receive more easily the gift of confirming revelation when he speaks in his office as the Lord’s prophet. The love you feel is the love the Lord has for whoever is His spokesman.
He gives us clear warning that satan will try to tempt us to not see the prophets calling as divine. Don't ever fall for his tricky ideas.
- The enemy of our souls will try to lead us to take offense and to doubt the prophet’s calling from God.
He concludes with his testimony that revelation is part of God's church and that President Monson holds all the keys to exercise the priesthood on the earth.
- God pours out revelation, through the Holy Ghost, on His children. He speaks to His prophet on the earth, who today is Thomas S. Monson. I witness that he holds and exercises all the keys of the priesthood on earth.
Revelation is real and a gift to God's children on the earth. I am so grateful to know that wise men seek to have the guidance of the spirit in their lives. I have seen it in my local congregation as I have watched a Bishop fall to his knees pleading with the Lord for direction on how to lead and guide a ward through various trials. The answers came as this Bishop sought to be the Lord's hands and to do as the Lord would have him do. I have been blessed to have things given to me to help guard my family, to bless them will guidance that is necessary for their safety and spiritual lives. I know that God leads His church, the local ward leadership, and if I am worthy, He will lead me in my home and with my family. This is a blessing to all of us from a loving Father who wants what is best for all of His children.