President Eyring speaks about covenants made at baptism and the great blessings that come to us as we honor those covenants. He speaks about us living with God before we were born on earth and that part of Heavenly Fathers plan for us to return to live with Him is for us to find strength and direction as we make and keep sacred covenants.
- You were tutored by Him before you came into this life. He helped you understand and accept that you would have trials, tests, and opportunities perfectly chosen just for you. You learned that our Father had a plan of happiness to get you safely through those trials and that you would help bring others safely through theirs. This plan is marked by covenants with God.
- Heavenly Father taught you before you were born about the experiences you would have as you left Him and came to earth. You were taught that the way back home to Him would not be easy. He knew that it would be too hard for you to make the journey without help. You have been blessed not only to find the way to make those covenants in this life but also to be surrounded by others who will help—who, like you, are covenant daughters of Heavenly Father.
As we live our lives under covenant, we have an obligation to lift and strengthen others. This seems to be a very natural thing for the sisters of the church. As we meet the obligations upon us, God is pleased with us and we are able to help and support others with His help.
- My Heavenly Father, your Heavenly Father, sees greater potential in His children than we or even our earthly mothers see in us. And whenever you move upward on that path toward your potential, it brings Him happiness. And you can feel His approval. He sees that glorious potential in all of His daughters, wherever they are. Now, that puts a great responsibility on each of you. He expects you to treat every person you meet as a child of God. That is the reason He commands us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves and to forgive them. Your feelings of kindness and forgiveness toward others come as your divine inheritance from Him as His daughter. Each person you meet is His loved spiritual child.
He speaks of the example of great women to show us the way that we should keep our covenants, serve others, and bless our families. He speaks of our earthly mothers as being great examples to us and speaks of the first woman on the earth, Eve, and how she lead her family and her husband in righteousness.
- Whether or not you serve as a full-time missionary, you can gain the same ability to enrich your marriage and the capacity to raise noble children by following the examples of great women.
- Every daughter of Eve has the potential to bring the same blessing to her family that Eve brought to hers.
- We don’t know all the help Eve was to Adam and to their family. But we do know of one great gift that she gave, which each of you can also give: she helped her family see the path home when the way ahead seemed hard.
- Eve recognized the way home to God. She knew that the Atonement of Jesus Christ made eternal life possible in families. She was sure, as you can be, that as she kept her covenants with her Heavenly Father, the Redeemer and the Holy Ghost would see her and her family through whatever sorrows and disappointments would come. She knew she could trust in Them.
We all need to be reminded about the great blessings that come into our lives as we make and keep sacred covenants. The covenants we make at baptism and later on in the temple all bring us to the point where we have met the necessary requirements to live with God again after this life. Meeting those requirements is essential as they open the door for us to eternal life. After we make covenants, we have to stay in the proper path and endure to the end. Enduring to the end means we help others along their path as well. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us so much with His truth, we should be spending our lives helping being some of those blessings to the lives of others.