- All of us would like to feel such peace often within ourselves, in our families, and with the people around us. The Lord promised peace to His disciples as He was about to leave them. He has made the same promise to us. But He said that He would give peace in His way, not in the world’s way.
One of the ways that we find peace in by acknowledging our weaknesses, becoming humble, and recognizing the strength that the Savior brings when turning to Him. Our weaknesses can become strengths.
- Those who do not see their weaknesses do not progress. Your awareness of your weakness is a blessing as it helps you remain humble and keeps you turning to the Savior. The Spirit not only comforts you, but He is also the agent by which the Atonement works a change in your very nature. Then weak things become strong.
To have real peace, we need to have the Holy Ghost as our companion. The Holy Ghost allows us to remember moments in our lives when we have found peace and felt the love the of Savior.
- You will at times have your faith challenged by Satan; it happens to all disciples of Jesus Christ. Your defense against these attacks is to keep the Holy Ghost as your companion. The Spirit will speak peace to your soul. He will urge you forward in faith. And He will bring back the memory of those times when you felt the light and the love of Jesus Christ.
- Remembering may be one of the most precious gifts the Spirit can give you. He will “bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever [the Lord has] said unto you.” The memory may be of an answered prayer, of a priesthood ordinance received, of a confirmation of your testimony, or of a moment when you saw God’s guiding hand in your life.
He talks about the need for unity. Unity we seek in our classes, families, and home are needed to have the full presence of the Holy Ghost in our lives.
- Your power to do good as a group of God’s daughters will depend, to a great degree, on the unity and love that exist among you.
- The unity we seek in our families and in the Church will come as we allow the Holy Ghost to affect what we see when we look at one another—and even when we think of each other. The Spirit sees with the pure love of Christ.
He concludes with the assurance that our Father in Heaven knows who we are, loves us, and hears our prayers. He wants us to find peace and the Holy Ghost will allow us to feel that peace that only He can provide.
- I leave you my sure witness that the Father knows you—knows your needs and your name—loves you, and hears your prayers. His Beloved Son is inviting you to come unto Him. And They send the Holy Ghost to attend you in your efforts to serve others for Them.
We all want to find happiness in life. We want to feel comfortable in our skin and find peace in our lives. What President Eyring shares I have discovered in my life. I am only at peace when I am living the gospel. Living the gospel allows the Holy Ghost to be my companion. As we all seek to live our lives as Christ would have us do, we will find peace and comfort in this life and be prepared to return to God after this life.