- Even the youngest girl here will have felt the reality of the invitation in the song: “’Come, follow me,’ the Savior said. Then let us in his footsteps tread”.
He provides the ways that we can follow the Savior
- The first thing you must commit to do is to go and serve, knowing that you do not go alone. When you go to comfort and serve anyone for the Savior, He prepares the way before you.
- The second thing you must do is remember the Lord as you go in service for Him.
- The third thing I hope [you] will do is to be modest about [your] good works.
He gives a challenge to the women concerning the type of people he hopes they will be.
- My prayer for the sisters in the kingdom, wherever they may be or in whatever circumstance, is that their faith in the Savior and gratitude for His Atonement will lead them to do all they can for those the Lord asks them to serve. As they do, I promise that they will move up the path to become holy women whom the Savior and our Heavenly Father will welcome warmly and reward openly.
Finally he reminds us the of the results of serving others.
- We grow closer to the Savior as we, out of pure love, serve others for Him.
Elder Eyring talked about the women who have influenced his life for the good. We are all products of the women in our lives. It is my hope and prayer that we have positive influences to reflect on and that we give our children positive women to look up to.