- Numbering more than one or two, a multitude of His disciples are gathered in this conference, and as promised, the Lord is in our midst.
Although the Lord is not physically with us at Conference, he states
- By the power of the Spirit, we can feel that He is here with us today. We all have had seeds, or the word of God, planted in our hearts at one time.
He speaks of two letters that he has recently received from recent converts concerned that they are not able to feel the love that God has for them as they once did. They worry that not feeling the love of God again will cause them to fall away. President Eyring compares there stories to Christ's parable of the sower where some seeds found ground to be planted in and some fell along the way.
- All of us have had our faith tested by precious blessings delayed, vicious attacks of those who wanted to destroy our faith, temptations to sin, and selfish interests that reduced our efforts to cultivate and soften the spiritual depths of our hearts.
Those gathering to listen to General Conference will be taught and strengthened as they listen.
- There will be a precious opportunity in the next few days to choose to have our hearts softened and to receive and nourish the seed.
Not only do we the opportunity to listen to the talks, we also have the blessing of listening to the spirit directly. The spirit will teach us over the coming days.
- If you listen with the Spirit, you will find your heart softened, your faith strengthened, and your capacity to love the Lord increased. Your choice to pray with full purpose of heart will transform your experience in the conference sessions and in the days and months that follow.
He encourages us to listen to the talks but to also pay attention to the feelings we have. He promises us that the proceedings of General Conference will help us feel closer to the Lord.
- Listen carefully to the testimonies borne in this conference—you will feel closer to the Lord.
Finally, he tells us that the words we will hear are words that the Lord wants them to speak. This is Christ's church and those that speak in conference are authorized to teach of Him and to share His love for us.
- The prophets and apostles you will hear in this conference speak for the Lord. They are His servants, authorized to act for Him.
I am so grateful for General Conference. We meet twice a year to be lifted spiritually. We hear modern instruction from the Lord's servants about how we should be living, how we should treat others, and how we can put our lives in line with the Saviors teachings. President Eyring's promise that if we listen with our hearts, the conference will transform us in the days and months ahead offers a promise of continued guidance as we study. I encourage you to spend more time with the conference messages and let them become part of who you are. This blog has been such a strength to me personally as I have spent time each day reading the words of our prophets. I know the Lord will bless us and instruct us as we spend time learning from our leaders.