- My encouragement is to help you know that when you do your part, the Lord adds His power to your efforts. Any calling we receive in the Lord’s kingdom requires more than our human judgment and our personal powers. Those calls require help from the Lord, which will come.
He reminds us that as servants of God, we are entitled to understand what the Lord would like to have done.
- The Lord’s servants are inspired to know the Lord’s will.
He tells us that as the president of the priesthood, the Prophet is inspired to watch over the church and the call people to serve. That authority from the prophet is handed down to stake presidents, bishops, etc. all the way down to you and me.
- The prophet, as the president of the priesthood, is inspired of God to watch over and care for the Lord’s servants and to call them.
We may sometime feel alone in our callings but we don't need to. We have God on our side and we are entitled to His inspiration.
- Whatever your calling in the priesthood, you may have at times felt Heavenly Father was unaware of you. You can pray to know His will, and with the honest desire to do whatever He asks you to do, you will receive an answer.
- Heavenly Father will allow you to feel that He knows you, that He appreciates your service, and that you are becoming worthy of the greeting from the Lord you want so much to hear: “Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”
He offers us encouragement with our efforts to reach out to all of God's children.
- It is my prayer that every priesthood holder will reach out in faith to rescue every soul for whom he is responsible. God will add His power to His servant’s efforts. Hearts of people will be touched to make the choices that will bring them along the gospel path toward happiness and away from sorrow.
He ends with his testimony of this great work.
- I bear you my special witness that we are in the service of the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. I testify that He has called you and me into His service knowing our capacities and the help we will need. He will bless our efforts beyond our fondest expectations as we give our all in His service. I testify that God’s prophet, who is the president of all the priesthood in the earth, is inspired of God.
In this talk, President Eyring talks about an Elder's Quorum President who has been instrumental in helping many men be ordained to be Elders. He was asked how he did it and he talked about getting to know these guys because they washed their trucks at the same car wash. Then he would wait until their lives fell apart and he would listen to their story. They would say that there has to be more to life than their current situation and he would then tell them that there is more to life and how they can find greater happiness. This story is so inspiring to me. It might not take a great effort on our part to just be ready to talk to those in need. If we are living the way we should and we know we have a calling from God to help His children, we can be assured that the blessings of heaven will magnify our efforts. Our responsibility is to be ready to do as the Lord would have us do when He prepares them for us to reach out to.