- Together, our covenants and our Savior’s Atonement enable and ennoble. Together, they help us hold on and let go. Together, they sweeten, preserve, sanctify, redeem.
He speaks about the wonderful blessings of having temples in our lives. He says that work there can only be done there and that this sacred work binds us to our ancestors for time and eternity.
- Sacred covenants and ordinances, not available anywhere else, are received in 159 holy houses of the Lord in 43 countries. Promised blessings come through restored priesthood keys, doctrine, and authority, reflecting our faith, obedience, and the promises of His Holy Spirit to us in our generations, in time and eternity.
Elder Gong pledges his life to the Savior's mission for him and shares his love for his family, fellow members of the quorum, and to all church members.
- This day I humbly pledge all the energies and faculties of my soul, whatever they be or may become, to my Savior, to my dear Susan and our family, to my Brethren, and to each of you, my beloved brothers and sisters.
He shares his testimony of the Savior as this is his newest responsibility.
- This is Easter Sunday. I reverently witness and solemnly testify of the living Christ—He who “died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven.” He is Alpha and Omega—with us in the beginning, He is with us to the end.
Finally, he speaks about his testimony of living prophets. He encourages us to follow the guidance of President Nelson.
- I testify of latter-day prophets, from the Prophet Joseph Smith to our dear President Russell M. Nelson, whom we joyfully sustain. As our Primary children sing, “Follow the prophet; he knows the way.”
I look forward to learning from Elder Gong in the future. He is a great man that has dedicated his life to the building up of the kingdom of God. I know he loves the Savior and as he serves, I look forward to his continued teaching.