- The continual holding of general conference is one of the greatest testimonies to the fact that we as Latter-day Saints “believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.”
Revelation is given to us a little at a time. It is not common to have huge revelations that change the entire word at one time. Instead the Lord reveals changes a little at a time. When we listen to our leaders, we put light in our lamps and will shine for others.
- By learning “line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little” and by hearkening to our leaders’ counsel, we will have oil for our lamps that will enable us to give light unto others as the Lord commanded us.
Elder Hoyos gives us three ways that we can have light in our lamps and allows our light to shine for those around us.
OBSERVING THE SABBATH DAY
- As we keep the Sabbath day holy and partake of the sacrament, we are not only cleansed, but our light also grows brighter.
HASTENING THE WORK OF SALVATION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE VEIL
- When we find and take names to the temple and teach others how to as well, together we shine as an ensign or standard.
TEACHING IN THE SAVIOR'S WAY
- As we all teach and learn in His way and become more like Him, our light shines brighter and cannot be hid and becomes a standard to those who are looking for the Savior’s light.
Doing things in our lives that allow the Spirit to shine brighter in one way that we can share the gospel with others. Elder Hoyos gives us practical advice on things we can do to allow that light to shine to others. We can find peace when we listen to the General Authorities and notice the great things that the Lord as revealed through them. We need to follow the teachings of the Savior and we will have our lives improved and we will be able to reach others with the Light of Christ that shines within us.