- The Lord’s Church needs Spirit-directed women who use their unique gifts to nurture, to speak up, and to defend gospel truth. Our inspiration and intuition are necessary parts of building the kingdom of God, which really means doing our part to bring salvation to God’s children.
She speaks of the need to nurture those in need but that we should make sure that we are taking care of our own well being as well.
- We build the kingdom when we nurture others. However, the first child of God we must build up in the restored gospel is ourselves. We must develop bedrock faith in the Savior’s gospel and move forward, empowered by temple covenants, toward exaltation.
She reminds us that building the kingdom of God requires sacrifice. It also requires us to do thing that we might be uncomfortable with.
- Following His plan and becoming a builder of the kingdom requires selfless sacrifice.
- We also build the kingdom when we speak up and testify of truth. We follow the Lord’s pattern. He speaks and teaches with the power and authority of God. Sisters, we can too.
The Holy Ghost as our companion will help us know who needs our help and we the Lord needs us to reach out to.
- Personal revelation from the Holy Ghost will prompt us to learn, speak, and act on eternal truth—the Savior’s truth. The more we follow Christ, the more we will feel His love and direction; the more we feel His love and direction, the more we will want to speak and teach truth as He did, even when we face opposition.
She closes with suggestions for the sisters of the church.
- When we ask ourselves, “What shall we do?” let’s ponder this question: “What does the Savior do continually?” He nurtures. He creates. He encourages growth and goodness. Women and sisters, we can do these things!
Sister Marriott reminds us that our lives need to emulate the Saviors. We can do this as we reach out to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and seek to know who the Lord needs us to help along the way.