- In today’s world, nowhere is that bedrock foundation of love needed more than in the home. And nowhere should the world find a better example of that foundation than in the homes of Latter-day Saints who have made love the heart of their family life.
He shares that to love one another, we have to show compassion and respect to others. He shares a list of things we are do to show our love for others.
- If we would keep the commandment to love one another, we must treat each other with compassion and respect, showing our love in day-to-day interactions. Love offers a kind word, a patient response, a selfless act, an understanding ear, a forgiving heart. In all our associations, these and other such acts help make evident the love in our hearts.
President Monson shares that love is the solution to the things that are wrong in the world. He shares that we can show love in the simple acts of kindness that we do everyday with little effort.
- Love is the very essence of the gospel, the noblest attribute of the human soul. Love is the remedy for ailing families, ill communities, and sick nations. Love is a smile, a wave, a kind comment, and a compliment. Love is sacrifice, service, and selflessness.
He ends with giving advice to spouses and parents.
- Husbands, love your wives. Treat them with dignity and appreciation. Sisters, love your husbands. Treat them with honor and encouragement.
- Parents, love your children. Pray for them, teach them, and testify to them. Children, love your parents. Show them respect, gratitude, and obedience.
President Monson gives us a simple reminder that we need to show more love in our lives. We all need to take his advice and show a little more compassion, a little more support to those in need, and a little more gratitude for the relationships we have in our lives. I am going to express my love to those in my life a little more today. Hopefully they will appreciate a loving hand, a kind smile, and the support to keep going forward throughout their day. Showing a little more love and support is what the Savior would do and today, I am goign to try to be a little bit more like the Savior.