- Regardless of your individual circumstances, each of you is a member of a priesthood quorum with a divine mandate to learn and to teach, to love and to serve others.
He announces that each ward will have one combined Elders Quorum going forward.
- Tonight we announce a significant restructuring of our Melchizedek Priesthood quorums to accomplish the work of the Lord more effectively. In each ward, the high priests and the elders will now be combined into one elders quorum.
He shares that these changes are made to make us more effective in our priesthood duties and enhance our ability to minister to those in our ward.
- We have felt a pressing need to improve the way we care for our members and report our contacts with them. To do that better, we need to strengthen our priesthood quorums to give greater direction to the ministering of love and support that the Lord intends for His Saints.
These changes are made through the inspiration of the Lord and will make use more effective than we have been.
- These adjustments are inspired of the Lord. As we implement them, we will be even more effective than we have ever been previously.
He shares that Elder Christofferson and Elder Rasband will provide the details of how this restructuring will occur and then leaves us his blessing as we learn our sacred responsibilities with this change.
- God bless you, brethren, as we learn of and do our duty.
When I heard this announcement, I felt the prophetic mantle of the Prophet was shining through to the church. This is a dramatic change for the church but I gained that reassurance quickly that this is the Lord's work and this will make our wards better. In the months since this announcement, I have seen friendships form, and people work together to help others in need as they hadn't done previously. I am grateful for living prophets that help us understand the Lord's will for all of us.