- I exhort you to study the messages of this conference frequently—even repeatedly—during the next six months. Conscientiously look for ways to incorporate these messages in your family home evenings, your gospel teaching, your conversations with family and friends, and even your discussions with those not of our faith.
He tells us that our desire to follow Christ will be encouraged by the messages and feelings we have had during this General Conference.
- Your desire to obey will be enhanced as you remember and reflect upon what you have felt these past two days.
He summarizes the major announcements that have been made.
- This general conference marks the beginning of a new era of ministering. The Lord has made important adjustments in the way we care for each other. Sisters and brothers—old and young—will serve one another in a new, holier way. Elders quorums will be strengthened to bless the lives of men, women, and children throughout the world. Relief Society sisters will continue to minister in their unique and loving way, extending opportunities to younger sisters to join them as appropriately assigned.
President Nelson reminds us that our mission is to invite all to come unto Christ on both sides of the veil. By coming to Christ, the qualifications for eternal life can be met.
- Our message to the world is simple and sincere: we invite all of God’s children on both sides of the veil to come unto their Savior, receive the blessings of the holy temple, have enduring joy, and qualify for eternal life.
After announcing 7 new temples, President Nelson leaves his blessing upon the members of the church.
- I bless you to identify those things you can set aside so you can spend more time in the temple. I bless you with greater harmony and love in your homes and a deeper desire to care for your eternal family relationships. I bless you with increased faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a greater ability to follow Him as His true disciples. I bless you to raise your voice in testimony, as I do now, that we are engaged in the work of Almighty God!
What a historic and amazing General Conference that this was. After sustaining a new First Presidency, calling new apostles, instituting the new ministering guidelines, and announcing 7 new temples, we have plenty to read, ponder, and pray about. These messages can become part of our lives and should be part of our daily study. Thank you for studying along with me and making conference a part of your life. We will start again with the next conference in the next couple days and encourage you to study along with us.