- “And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth”
This moment must have been an amazing time for those that were there. But Elder Rasband says that the Saviors desire to minister to each person individually has not changed.
- I have come to know through my own experiences that Heavenly Father hears and answers our personal prayers. I know that Jesus is the living Christ and that He knows each of us individually, or as the scriptures express it, “one by one.”
When Joseph Smith was in the grove of trees, the Father called him specifically by name. This demonstrates that the Father and the Son know each of us individually and by name. Jesus continues to teach us and influence us in our lives today and has a focus that each of us is important individually. Elder Rasband says:
- Jesus Christ ministers to, and loves us all, one by one.
Today in our lives we need this assurance that the Savior knows us more than ever. It is through our actions and our service that the Saviors love can reach all our God's children. As Elder Uchtdorf has reminded us, we are the Lord's hands here on the earth. Elder Rasband says:
- Perhaps never in the history of mankind do we need to be serving on a one-by-one basis more than we do now.
Finally, we are given a challenge.
- I urge all of us in our own ministries, to our families and to our fellowman, to embrace the Savior’s warm invitation to come unto Him, one by one, and be perfected in Him.
One-by-one is the way the Savior showed the people in the Book of Mormon who he was. One-by-one is his pattern for ministry. In our callings, we need to remember that the service to bring just one soul to our Father will result in joy throughout all eternity. In my calling and responsibility, I need to remember that the Savior showed us by his example how we are to reach out to His children. I can follow His example and focus on each person individually and try to help them along life's path.