- Our personal journey through life provides us with many special experiences that become building blocks of faith and testimony.
- Just as the building blocks of our homes support the rest of the structure, so too do our personal life experiences become building blocks for our testimonies and add to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Elder Rasband shares a special experience of visiting members in South America. He recalls special moments that have strengthened his and his wife's testimony. He encourages us to recall moments in our lives that are similar to his.
- Think of the special experiences you have been blessed with in your life that have given you conviction and joy in your heart.
We each have an obligation to strengthen our own testimonies. We should look for experiences in our lives that help strengthen our commitment and love for the Savior. When we have those experiences, we need to share them with others so they can be strengthened too. He reminds us that:
- Faith is increasing among God’s covenant people, and I believe it is through having a personal treasury of such valued experiences that an increase of faith can happen for each of us.
Finally he ends with these words:
- In these days of worldly intrusions into our lives, when trials and difficulties may seem to engulf us, let us remember our own special spiritual experiences. These building blocks of faith will bring us conviction and reassurance of a caring, loving Father in Heaven, of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and of Their restored true and living Church.
My most cherished spiritual memories are in those quiet moments where I am assured that God knows who I am. When a simple prayer of thanks turns into an outpouring of God's love on an undeserving soul. When the tender mercies of Christ are given to someone so undeserving. It's these moments that give me confidence that the atonement of Jesus Christ is real and that even a sinful person like me has the hope of being able to return to our Father's presence once again. The Savior's grace is real and it gives me hope that I can make it through the challenges in my life.