- When we have sinned, Satan often tries to convince us that the unselfish thing to do is to protect others from the devastation of the knowledge of our sins, including avoiding confessing to our bishop, who can bless our lives through his priesthood keys as a common judge in Israel. The truth, however, is that the unselfish and Christlike thing to do is to confess and repent. This is Heavenly Father’s great plan of redemption.
She shares a story of a man who was interviewed by her husband when he was a mission president. She shares the joy of this man when he learned that he would be able to enter the waters of baptism and have his sins removed through the atonement of Jesus Christ.
- During our mission, I once accompanied my husband when he went to interview a man for baptism. While my husband conducted the interview, I waited outside with the sister missionaries who had taught this man. When the interview was finished, my husband informed the missionaries that the man would be able to be baptized. This dear man wept and wept as he explained that he had been certain that the serious sins he had committed in his life would prevent him from being able to be baptized. I have seldom witnessed the joy and happiness of someone coming out of the darkness and into the light equal to what I witnessed that day.
She shares encouraging words from Elder Holland detailing that there is nothing that can't be healed through the atonement of Jesus Christ.
- In a past general conference, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland declared: “However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made … , or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.”
She testifies that repented sins are removed from our shoulders. She has felt that love and joy and relief in her own life.
- When we sincerely repent of our sins, they are truly gone—without a trace! I have personally felt the love, the joy, the relief, and the confidence before the Lord as I have sincerely repented.
She concludes by sharing her testimony of the miracles that happen in our lives when we repent. God truly will heal our hearts through the atonement of His son Jesus Christ.
- To me, the greatest miracles in life are not the parting of the Red Sea, the moving of mountains, or even the healing of the body. The greatest miracle happens when we humbly approach our Father in Heaven in prayer, fervently plead to be forgiven, and then are cleansed of those sins through the atoning sacrifice of our Savior.
Sister Reeves shares a powerful testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I too can testify that the Savior will heal our repentant hearts and souls. Bringing your sins, your burden, to the Savior and willingly confessing our sins to Him will allow Him to heal us and lift that burden that weighs us down. I have personally learned this in my life and I am grateful that I have a Savior who loves me and has willingly provided a process for me to me clean and to be worthy to return to Him again. I invite all of us to test this process, to willingly give away our sins, and to learn personally of the great healing that comes from turning our lives over to the Savior.