- Mortal life is a period of testing where we will be proven to see if we will do all things that the Lord our God shall command us. This will require unwavering faith in Christ even in times of great difficulty. It will require that we press forward with steadfast faith in Christ, being led by the Spirit and trusting that God will provide for our needs.
During times of trial and difficulty, we need to rely on the Savior and believe that He has a plan to help us, support us, and bring us closer to Him through our trials. We can have faith in the Savior for He will never let us down.
- As we contemplate the strength and hope that we can receive from the Savior, we do have reason to lift up our heads, rejoice, and press forward in faith without wavering.
Faith is the key to enduring through our trials. Elder Soares talks about faith and why it is important in our lives. He also speaks about the effects of not having faith and the hopeless feelings that can come without the knowledge of our Father in Heaven's great plan for us.
- God blesses us according to our faith. Faith is the source of living with divine purpose and eternal perspective. Faith is a practical principle that inspires diligence. It is a vital, living force manifest in our positive attitude and desire to willingly do everything that God and Jesus Christ ask of us. It takes us to our knees to implore the Lord for guidance and to arise and act with confidence to achieve things consistent with His will.
- If we are not rooted by steadfast trust in God and the desire to serve Him, the painful experiences of mortality can lead us to feel as though we are burdened by a heavy yoke; and we can lose the motivation to live the gospel fully. Without faith, we will end up losing the capacity to appreciate those designs of our God regarding the things that will happen later in our life.
Elder Soares promises us that if we are faithful, the Lord will bless us to rise above our trials.
- If we are steadfast and do not waver in our faith, the Lord will increase our capacity to raise ourselves above the challenges of life. We will be enabled to subdue negative impulses, and we will develop the capacity to overcome even what appear to be overwhelming obstacles.
Elder Soares provides hope that the Lord knows us, knows our trials, and knows how to help us rise above the difficulties of life. We are not alone in our quest for eternal life. God has provided us a Savior, not only to take away our sins, but to support us through our trials. Recently, I have gained more insights into the atonement and I have discovered that the atonement is about fixing all things in our lives. Forgiveness of sins are vital to us gaining eternal life. But the atonement does so much more. I have found recent hope in recognizing that God will take all things into consideration when the time comes for judgement. He will be my perfect judge, He will know my struggles, He will know my reasons for why I struggle with things, He will know my heart and my desire to follow Him despite my weaknesses sometimes in doing so. He is truly perfect and will never misunderstand me or my trials.