- Rarely is our journey smooth or without trial. We each have our heartaches, our disappointments, our sorrows. We may even feel discouraged and at times overwhelmed.
- But those who live a disciple’s life—who remain faithful and keep moving forward in faith; who trust God and keep His commandments; who live the gospel day by day and hour by hour; who give Christlike service to those around them, one good deed at a time—are those whose small acts often make a big difference.
- Those who are a little kinder, a bit more forgiving, and a touch more merciful are the merciful who will receive mercy. Those who make this world a better place, one caring and loving act at a time, and who strive to live the blessed, satisfying, and peaceable life of a disciple of Jesus Christ are those who will eventually find joy.
- They will know that “the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men … is the most desirable above all things … and the most joyous to the soul.
When applying this message, we can use this idea to become a little more helpful in our daily actions.
- Consider making a list of ways that you can live a disciple’s life. For instance, you could write down a service idea like “Help a parent prepare dinner” or an idea for keeping the commandments like “Praying for more patience with my siblings.” The next time you feel frustrated or overwhelmed, pull out your list, pick an idea, and try it!
The message this month reminds me of why I started this blog in the first place. I have looked to find ways through the teachings of the living prophets to be a little more Christlike in my daily actions. I am seeking to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I am looking for ways to find peace in a troubling world. My desire is to share what I have learned with others so we can all benefit. Thanks for walking with me through this journey. Today, lets try a little harder to be a little better and increase our personal discipleship of the Savior.